Thursday, June 28, 2007

Technology, eh?

Hmm, anything technology is the topic of the day/week/whatever. Where to begin? I remember thinking once when I was younger (and had fewer possession as well) that my favorite things were my electric tea kettle and my hot water bottle. I think this tells me many things about myself - including the fact that I was living in a colder climate than where I am now! Also, that I enjoy drinking warm beverages and having warm toes. Probably not too revealing, but still very true.
Now, I suppose this post ought to be more newer-technology related things, not like central heating, the television, the dvd player, the microwave, and the refrigerator (of which I am a very a big fan - all of them). Technology of this sort is wonderful! I was chatting with someone last weekend about what it must have been like for women living in the DC area in the years before A/C. (Not to mention the amount of clothing those poor women would have been wearing as well!) Every one of these things would have been a techy advancement in its day. I wonder what we will find to be completely indispensable in a few years from now.
All that said, I love my photo ipod, my notebook computer, and really want an Internet radio receiver. I use my flash drive every day and do not know what I would do without the internet in my life.
"Minds are like parachutes; they only function when open"
Thomas R. Dewar
(In my Grade 10 English class, our wonderful teacher Mr Herlihy, had a Salada tea bag assignment. We had to write an essay on the quote on the tea bag we each got. This was my tea bag. I still quite like it!)

No comments: