Saturday, June 9, 2007

Thing Number Five

I have spent some time (probably far too much, in all honesty) browsing through Flickr. There is definitely some cool stuff there. I had, of course, used that site before (to look at pictures of friends and of our godchildren in Indiana) but had never gone in search of something specific like this. It was not so easy finding one I really wanted to use. First of all, I wanted something (just this once!) not of Gord (as I have told my staff, I cannot blame Gord Downie for everything). But, then, if not him then what? Several thought came to mind - and then I had to keep reminding myself who else might be reading this blog (Hi Albert!) So- perhaps my hometown? Could not find one I loved that was not so specific to the place that it could not be very readily identified. Maybe my favo(u)rite spot in the world (or at least one of them I could find a photo on the web of?)? This was not too easy to find, sans people I do not know. So, I went with a familiar place that brings back lots of memories for me, without its being too obvious where it is.
Now, the video was a different thing all together. And it is (lo and behold - listen to the interview part of the video and you will understand that) Thing Number Twenty and thus a new posting is on its way for that.
"It's four in the morning, the end of December / I'm writing you now just to see if you're better" Leonard Cohen

No comments: