Monday, June 4, 2007

Lesson one

and two as well, I guess.
OK, so this is indeed my first experience with online learning, and my first ever blog posting. (The "hipgirl" is not necessarily meant to be ironic, but there you go).
Looking at the 7 1/2 habits as presented in Lesson One, and deciding that I do not need to sign a contract with myself to be dedicated to this course (9 weeks, is it?), I will share my thoughts up to here.
I agree completely with the thought from Lesson 4 that you should not "say it or think it unless you want it to be true". Really, do not put out into the Universe anything negative and nothing negative will be sent back to (or is it at?) you. I know that as easy as this sounds, and as true and as vital as I think and believe and know that it is, it is also not so simple. But enough about that (for now).
The most difficult challenge for me is going to be finding the time to sit myself down to do this. Time always gets away from me and when I do discover a "spare" few minutes, either I find something that needs to be done right that moment - or it finds me. This may be the biggest challenge to any self-paced learning system, I suppose, but I have many friends who possess far more of the planning and organisational skills necessary for this sort of thing than I. However, since we are only doing good, positive thoughts, I will have lots of time and it will be fun - because habit 7 1/2 is play. And that I do know how to do!
Also, I know from some of my experiences in my life outside of work that Habit 7 is truly the key to learning something - if one needs to show someone else how to do something, she needs to have a firm grasp on how that move or stance or turn or whatever is done.
So, my plan for the week is now set: Make time for what needs to get done (I hope to broaden this to include much more than learning about 2.0 stuff) and keep those positive thoughts/words/actions flowing.

"There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do..." The Tragically Hip

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking this on! It really will be fun-Robin