Friday, July 6, 2007

First week of July

Have been busy with many other things this week, and now it is Friday and I am working my way through the next several things on the 23 things list. I have created my Bloglines newsreader account - very interesting. I have selected all of the news sites I usually read - yes, having them all in one easily-accessible place makes it easier than going to each site in turn, I suppose. Now, all I need to do is remember to go to the bloglines site! I know a couple of news junkies who use this with glee. I can see why. I think I will need to spend some more time with it and customise it a bit more. Of course, in the midst of my news-seeking, I found lots and lots that is library-related, but since I am supposed to be on holiday this week, I will keep my news (as much as I can, it is actually rather difficult) library-free. (Ah, who am I kidding - I know I will be reading the American Libraries as soon as it comes into my inbox. Sigh. I think this makes me a total library geek.)

Anyway, the online image generators have been kinda fun, and really just like kinda. The few I have enjoyed : the graffiti generator was cool (Degrassi is a font style!) and so was making a 3D snowflake (try it - you will see). And seeing what my name looks like in manga-style Japanese.

Well, I have just gone to Library Thing and had a peek around. It sounds like it could be fun and all of that. Again, it is also kinda just one more thing to do, you know? I am also not sure just how much info about me I want to put out there into cyberland. I understand the need to connect and to share and all of that, and yet there is something about me that I also feel ought to be private. I am considering whether I want to put just the current stuff I am reading, whether I like it or not, or just to stick to the books I know and love. I have added to 'my library' just a few titles that I know and love, and there is one person with whom I share two books, and they are not the two books of poetry I have in there, either, oddly enough. However, to refer to a previous thought, they may both have free spirits as their creators.

There is no way that I could ever enter all of the books I own (those of you who have been to my home - you know what I am talking about!) so I will need to see how best I can use this site, if indeed at all. I have just recently joined facebook (at the insistence of a good friend of mine who now lives in Australia), and I am also not quite sure how I am going to get into that. I will need to spend some more time poking about and pondering what is going on with all of this, and see whether I can find a place for me in it, and perhaps realising that it will be okay if there isn't.
"Ah we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're are no friends of mine
I say, we can go where we want to, a place where they will never find
And we can act like we come from out of this world
Leave the real one far behind,
And we can dance" Men without Hats

No comments: